Interview Questions to ask an Expert about recent industry Changes
Here are 20 questions you can use in your interview.
The list includes so introduction questions that you can start with and more specific questions about industry updates and the impact.
Glasshat recommends that you ask a combination of these.
General opening / introduction questions:
- What’s your name and position at this company?
- What are your responsibilities?
- How long have you been with this company?
- How long have you been working in the industry in total?
- What 3 words describe your industry?
- How do you stay updated with industry related news?
Questions about updates and changes in the industry:
(when appropriate ask the person you are interviewing to provide specific examples)
- Can you give a brief explanation of the recent changes to your industry?
- What do you consider to be the major impacts of these changes?
- How will these changes impact on your business specifically?
- Who do you think has benefitted / who are the biggest winners?
- Do you think anyone has lost out / who are the biggest losers?
- Does this change impact on small businesses / large businesses?
- Do you agree with the changes?
- What would you like to seen done differently?
- Who do you think could have made those changes better?
- Who would you like to see making the decisions about the changes?
- What do you think the short-term impacts of these changes are?
- What do you think the long-term impacts of these changes are?
- Do this think this will change things for your industry globally?
- Do you think this change will impact on other industries apart from yours?
Interview questions collated by our Content Creation Specialist: Vicki Mo